3/9/09

A-Z on Mondays: I is for "It's a Small World" (and a winner!)

A big congratulations to Liz (TidBits from Liz) who made the first correct guess! You won the surprise prize! Send me your address (to madkatblog@yahoo.com) and I'll get it out to you ASAP. Honorable mention goes to Safire - right ride, wrong park! :)

These pictures were from our Honeymoon in Disneyworld in July 2003. I worked for Disney for almost 5 years (before I knew Andy) and had fabulous discounts and perks (which no longer exist to the same extent, I hear). We would get 2 free tickets a year, close to 50% off our hotels, and 30% off all food and shopping. It was hard not to go - and "go" I went - about 3 or 4 times a year. Andy, however, had not been there since he was a little kid. He was just as excited to go as I was ... and I think he had the most fun out of the two of us.

It rained almost everyday we were there, but you expect that in Disney - it usually last about 15-20 minutes in the middle of the day and then it's over. All the weaklings leave and you get a nice empty park for a couple of hours. But it rained HARD for us - and two days it rained almost the whole day. We were troopers, though, and just got wet. I even got my hair cut off at the Grand Floridian so I didn't have to worry about the humidity.

One night it poured, and Andy wanted to ride It's a Small World over and over and over and over ... and over. He loved it, and I loved him - so I went along for the ride. He had me adjust the setting on our camera and take picture after picture of him making this face. He is a crack.





(The third picture was with the flash - no fun.)



We were there for 10 days and had a great time. We always look at our honeymoon pictures and smile.

Congratulations, Liz!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, did you have that song in your head forever??

Dawn said...

what funny photos!! i love them... and your great story :) i love small world... and was sorry not to get a chance to ride it on this last very crowded trip- especially since i haven't seen it refurbished!! next time!

Audrey Lois said...

It's a small small world is my fav ride at disney!

Minerva said...

That's funny! Thanks for making me smile this morning.

Cassie said...

What a majorly cool honeymoon! Also good advance planning for the future babies visits. I LOVE It's a small world! First saw that at the NY World's Fair in 1964! It is also my fav at Disneyland. Actually brought tears to my eyes when I took my grandkids through it. Thanks for the memory!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Great post...I love the pictures and yes he is a silly, silly man. Love it.

reliv4life said...

I have been to disney land, but never disney world - I want to go sometime. I always think we have to go while lizzie is small, but it would be fun with just sean and I. I never thought of that really.

Jen said...

I got my husband to ride that ONCE; that was all he would do.
How clever you were to tie your contest into letter I today. ;)

Anonymous said...

I won!!! No way!!! Thanks Rosemarie! I'll email you my address. Wow!

I can't believe that you worked for Disney. I love Disney. I haven't been in so long. Life has gotten in the way the last several years. But I do remember the afternoon showers.

Ben said...

Yeah, we live near Cedar Point amusement park, and we love it when a rain shower passes over and it sends people scrambling, leaving the place to a smaller crowd.

Safire said...

I love Disneyland! I've only been to Disneyworld once when I was about 8...20 years ago. We live about 15 hours away. Maybe we'll make a trip. :) I'll think of you guys while we ride it's a small world.

Katy said...

How fun.
RM, I'm liking how you have "You might like these stories"...I've never seen that before. You're computer savvy girly!
Where have I been....I feel like I haven't given blogging much time lately. A quick post here and there and I'm off to clean or do laundry or work at a book fair or rip up carpet. Man, I guess Spring is a busy time of the year for everyone.

Sue said...

Love the story of your honeymoon, fun, fun, fun!