3/20/09

My babies are almost three - when did that happen?

Most of you know that after Andy and I were married we were unable to get pregnant for two years. I now know that two years is not that long of a time. I have read incredible stories from many blog friends who have been trying for much longer. But at the time I had no other perspective - none of my friends had any problems - so two years were an eternity. We finally were able to have our baby girls through IVF and are so thankful everyday.

The girls are turning three in less than a month and it blows my mind! Where did my little babies go? Katie, especially, is growing bigger and bigger everytime I look at her. She is close to two inches taller than Maddie at this point. (Maddie is destined to have her mother's body type - poor thing!)

We are celebrating with their cousins (second cousins, really - they have no first cousins, yet) in a few weeks and I decided to make their invitation Check it out ...



I am a digiscrapper now and I thought, "I can do this" - and do this I did. I used a kit called "Birthday Bash" by Nikki Scott. You can find her products at
Elemental Scraps, an online Digiscrap store I spend a good chunk of time browsing.

The theme is "The Wonder Pets" - and I am so excited. We all love the show - Andy and I can sit through them and crack up the whole time. That little Ming Ming is just adorable. I found a picture on the web and copied and pasted it. The colors of the kit match it perfectly.

I have lots of planning to do!!!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Double the fun here. Cute invite...It seems the babies will never grow and then you turn around and they are in school. Enjoy these moments girlie!!

Tiffany said...

Your girls are just too cute. The invitation looks great! I hope you enjoy the party as much as they do.

Becca's Dirt said...

How ya feeling today? Children grow up so fast. Enjoy them and spoil them.

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm so glad you were blessed with your twin girls even if it wasn't easy getting them!

Great invitation!!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute invite! But I totally don't understand wonder pets....or any noggin shows for that matter.

Safire said...

Cute invite! We are also in high birthday season here...spring is a busy time for multiples!

Anonymous said...

Time does seem to fly by. I love the invitations!

Living With Loss said...

Cute invite!! Looks like they'll have loads of fun.

Take care, N

Katy said...

Seriously darling!