3/1/09

Updated: A-Z on Mondays: H is for Help

I crashed my laptop. I could just say, "My laptop crashed" - but that would be a fib. I downloaded a digiscrap freebie and I think that'swhat did it.

The good news is I just backed up all my documents and pictures Friday morning - so I have not lost a thing! (Just some digiscrap layouts - which is not bad at all in the scheme of things. I'll take it!) Andy got me a removable hard drive for Valentine's Day - best present ever!

I am working on his computer now - which I am totally not used to and have no pictures on - but I will post the updates as we go. Andy thinks that all the files are still there - we found them in DOS mode - and just the operating system is screwed up. We shall see!

Update: Andy had to reformat the entire drive. I did end up losing all those digiscrap files, 12 of them, which I spent all day Saturday doing. My friend Carol and I went to an all-day crop. I know I should be thankful that I didn't lose anything else - but I am still sad.

Update 2: My computer is back up and running. We reloaded all my software this morning - and then took the girls outside to play in the snow! I took a ton of pictures - which I immediately downloaded and picked one out to be my new header. It's similar to the January one - but it's all I got right now! :)

The girls had a great time in the snow - and didn't want to come inside at all. I am going to make a slideshow and post it tomorrow - too many to post now!
Well, OK ... here are a few ...















12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you lost your stuff!

Unknown said...

Well that stinks! Glad you are coming back around though.

Safire said...

Oh I'm sorry! Sometimes computers suck.

Busy Bee Suz said...

How frustrating. Hopefully with a little bit of work and tweaking, you will be back up with little damage. Good luck.

Dawn said...

i'm sure you were brought to tears over this... i would have been. i'm thankful that you didn't lose photos... but sometimes it is still hard to lose time!! i have a friend who is so particular about daving her photos in 2 places before hse takes them off her computer- adn since she told me that I have been nervous about my willy-nilly procedures!! i got one of those external hard drives for Christmas though... adn finally moved my photos over. so i am feeling better about it!

hoping that you are having a day full of smiles!

Jen said...

I am moving that idea to the top of my to do list. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Hooray.

Tiffany said...

Aw, bummer. I'm sorry you lost all your hard work.

reliv4life said...

how great that you just backed up on friday!! whew!!! I NEVER back up, I better start! love the snow pictures! I still think that blow up sled is the best thing ever!

Minerva said...

Glad you got the laptop up and running. H is for Help from Hubby, eh?
Your girls are cute.

Rosemarie said...

Thanks everyone! I like "Help from Hubby!"

Sue said...

Such beautiful girls and handsome Daddy, the colors, the snow, delightful pictures! Where's Mommy??

Rosemarie said...

@Sue: That's me in the third pic! I'm all bundled up. Oh no - do I look like Andy??? :)