3/19/09

Sleeping

Thank you all so much for your advice. I think I tried about each and every thing suggested (and WHAT a suggestion that was, Safire!) - haha!

I went to bed about 10:30 and was still up at midnight. I have a cold in the back of my throat and it is making me snore snore snore. So everytime I started to fall asleep, I started to snore and woke myself up! This happened in 30 second intervals. I was laughing and crying at the same time. I was still up at 1am so I walked around the house a bit, and finally gave in at 1:30 and took a Tylenol PM. Of course all I want to do now is nap, but I won't. Let's see if sheer exhaustion works tonight!

Speaking of sleep, the girls are JUST starting to fight me at nap time. They go down at 1pm everyday, and they usually just totter up the stairs when I tell them "naptime!" without a fuss. Not this week! They are crying and screaming their little hearts out the whole walk upstairs. I would think they are ready to give it up (oh please, Lord, no) but they still fall asleep within a few minutes of me closing the door. So I figure as long as they still actually sleep, they'll still get a nap.

Once they stop napping I don't know what will become of me ...

:)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

They have probably heard you speak of not sleeping.......gotta be careful around those sponges!!

Becca's Dirt said...

Take the tylenol pm when you go to bed or since you have a little cold take a benadryl. Try to take it easy and don't expect too much out of yourself today. We cannot be our best everyday so its OK.

Audrey Lois said...

The makers of Tylenol PM make Simply Sleep. I bought some for Uncle John and it is working on him! Maybe you should try it.

Anonymous said...

As a nanny, I still do "rest time" after the kids give up actual "napping". Just put them in their beds w/ books and they can rest for an hour. You need a sanity break and they need some down time to get through the day. I don't know why so many parents feel guilty for doing this. It's not punishing them, it's actually healthy for them.

Safire said...

Yeah, my crazy mind and what it thinks up. ;)

I still to "quiet time" with my 3 year old. I say she actually naps about 25% of the time. If she doesn't nap, she plays quietly with a few toys or looks as books in her bed. The rule is she has to stay on her bed (unless a potty break) and she has to be quiet. We both come back to playing a little more refreshed. I also put my boys down at the same time so I am giving myself an hour or so alone. Saves my sanity!

I remember doing quiet time until I was in school, and I intend to do it with my kids until they reach school age.

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh boy I hate it when I'm sick and snore loud enough to wake myself up! Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!