12/22/08

Whoo hoo!

Found the stockings!!!




They were in a box, under a box, under a box - of course! My mom knitted mine and Andy's when we were married 5 years ago. Then she made them for the girls when they were born. She has made them for cousin's, family friends, etc. The very first one she made was for ME when I was a baby. I thought that was the one I had, but she has it at her house. I forgot she made me a new one so it would match Andy's better.

Hope this week is going well for everyone - it seems blogging is slow, as it should be. Spend the week with your families, and enjoy the festivities!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Get out of here!! Those are beautiful and special, the girls will treasure those for many years to come. So glad you found them in the box under the box under the box...You would have been said, not to mention the family if you had not found them.

Unknown said...

SAD, not said..

Anonymous said...

Those stockings are so pretty! What a wonderful gift from your Mom. I am so glad that you found them. I love your fireplace decorations. Everything looks great!

Audrey Lois said...

Your Mom made four of those lovely stockings for our four lovely daughters. I have them hanging on the fireplace in our bedroom to keep my daughters close to my heart. I am having a ROUGH time this year with Erin in Singapore!

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm so glad you found the stockings!! The fireplace looks very festive and cozy!!

Jen said...

Those stockings are priceless!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Beverlee said...

Your Mother and your Grand Mother always gave the best knitted, crochetted gifts! I have an afghan that Lucy made for Doris. It's so well made and so beautiful!
Hey...I finally wrote on my blaugh!! :o)
I am going making a New Year Resolution to keep up on my blaugh at least once a week, even though I don't photogrpah everything in my life! Jeez...could you imagine!? Pics of my crazy office ! Hmmmm...that has potential! HA!