12/26/08

Pizza Pizza

Well, Christmas Proper is over - and Christmas Aftermath has begun. The girls got way more presents than imaginable - and we plan on doling them out here and there throughout the next few months to keep things new and exciting. This was a good year though, in that they got a bunch of educational toys that are actually fun toys, too! (I'm big on that.) I'll post Christmas pics after I organize them a bit. In the meantime ...

It's Pizza Night!


I love making pizza. I used to make my own dough, but certain things have been set aside for the time being (crazy girls, cough) and I found that store bought pizza dough is mighty tasty. Andy and I are plain pizza people - Katie, too (Maddie says a prim and proper "no" when asked to sample a slice) - so I usually just do a regular cheese pie. Like this one ...



But I had fresh mozzarella left over from Christmas antipasta so I decided to use that instead of the Polly-O. Here's what it came out looking like ...

It threw us off a bit because we like our Pizza Pizza well-done. I thought it tasted pretty good, but I could tell from Andy Man's look that he likes it better with the regular mozzarella cheese (even though he said, "this is fine, this is good.") So back to Shop'n'Stop I go for the Polly O'!

(Any Pampered Chef lovers out there? Recognize my bar pan? Yeah, baby!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never made homemade pizza. I so want to try my hand at it. Ooh, I love Pampered Chef. I have several of the stones. I really like cooking on them! Glad that you had a good Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I want pizza!

Unknown said...

That looks great! Pampered Chef has great cooking tools!

Safire said...

Hey another twin mommy. Hi! Found your blog on the roll call at SITS. Cute girls, and this pizza looks awesome. :) Yum!

Anonymous said...

Looks delish!! Someday bring that camera and the girls and I'll teach you to make the easiest pizza dough in the food processor !!

Lorie said...

That looks great! What recipe do you use for you dough?

Anniebanannie said...

Mmmmm...I want some pizza! Looks SO good.

Jen said...

Yep Pampered Chef an here!
They have a pizza crust mix that we use all the time-very good and I use the bar pan for everything!!!!