9/11/08

Celebrating our town

This Sunday was our town day - and they had a big fair-like celebration at a local park. It was originally going to be held on Saturday, but Hanna took care of that! My mom, Andy, the girls, and I went and had a great time.

Different town clubs and organizations and churches set up booths and gave lots of things away - mugs, raffles, hotdogs, corn on the cob, pretzyls, ice pops, mugs, tote bags, seat cushions (for bleachers), apples - you name it. It was all free. We had a great time popping from booth to booth - and I grilled the DPW about what things I should recycle and what not (pizza box with cheese stuck to it: NO; pizza box with no cheese: YES!).

They also had a bunch of rides for the kids, including a hayride, horseback rides, and paddle boats. Two of the rides were good for the girls, but the others were mostly those blow-up things where you jump around and bounce, and there were too many big kids in them. They had a rock climbing wall (so tempted to throw Katie up on that thing - maybe next year!) and (safe) bungee swing-type-things. It was really geared for the 7-8-9-10 year old range, but we did as much as we could with the girls and they had a really great time. We met our friends up the block there with their baby, and hung out at the playground a while, too.

Here are some pics ... enjoy!

The girls LOVE rides - of any type




The horses were so cool - I wanted to take a ride, too

Miss Maddie swinging



Miss Katie in her element - that girl is going to climb Everest one day


3 comments:

Unknown said...

My mouth just fell open! Okay, umm, Mums kind of take care of themselves some like full sun some not. They will tell you when they are thirsty - deadheading is good to. Trial and error for me. Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

Audrey Lois said...

Looks like a fun day. I am glad that they held it the day after Hanna and did not cancel it!

Sue said...

What a fun day! I used to love taking my kids to the same kind of thing when we lived in Lynchburg, VA, just plain fun! Love your pics. Your mums are looking pretty good to me. Somewhere I read if you are trying to sell a house you should paint the door yellow, draws attention I guess, just like pink.