6/7/09

Jersey Girl went to see Jersey Boys

We went to the city today to see Jersey Boys! It was amazing!!! Everyone said I would love it, but I was "eh..." - the commercials didn't do anything for me. Whoa - was I wrong! I laughed, I cried, I was amazed - and I learned Joe Pesce helped get them together in the beginning.

We went to the city early and took the subway to the Upper West Side to walk around. Midtown is yuck - grey and gross. (Sorry Midtown lovers ... just doesn't do it for me.) We ate outside at a nice little Italian restaurant and I had a delicious chicken mozzarella panini. Then we walked over to Central Park and took a nice stroll through the park. It was shady and breezy and perfect.

We got on the subway to get back to 8th Avenue. Now ... the subway is NOT a place I like to be, in any way, shape or form. I managed to walk up and down stairs, get in and out of the trains, sit and stand - without touching a SINGLE THING! Of course I had my Purell just in case - and I used it anyway.

The show was sooooooo great! The actors playing the Four Seasons were wonderful and alive. The show told the story about how they came to be - how they broke up - their relationships with each other - how some of their hit songs almost "weren't". I want to read a bio about them now, just to see how accurate the show was. If you have a chance to see it - GO!

Afterwards we stood by the stage door and met some of the cast and got a ton of autographs! Only two of the leads ended up coming out - and when one saw my cell phone he offered to take his picture with me. Um ... yeah!

(I took a ton of pictures on my cell phone and I have to figure out how to get them on my computer, then I'll post them up!)

I am now watching the Tony Awards as I type - the cast of Jersey Boys will be performing and I just have to see them again. I go to see Mama Mia in a few weeks - so look forward to me gushing again ...!

4 comments:

Audrey Lois said...

Glad you enjoyed Jersey Boys! I got to see it in Vegas with Erin last May. We missed you yesterday! It was fun talking to your mother!

Dawn said...

i love the yellow... and i love that you are abck :) cuz i was missin' you!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a great time at the show!

~~Mel~~ said...

Sounds like a great time!